Preventative Oral Exams
Your pet’s oral health is more important than you think. Every examination includes an oral examination to assess the teeth and gums for dental disease. We are equipped to perform anesthetic dental cleanings, as well as, digital dental x-rays to assess for hidden tooth root disease.
Signs of dental disease include bad breath, loose, broken, or missing teeth, yellow or brown teeth, red, inflamed, or bleeding gums, difficulty or pain when chewing, pawing at the mouth, and excessive drooling. If you notice any of these symptoms, please contact our team and we’ll be happy to help.
Extractions and surgical
In dogs and cats, we remove teeth for several reasons including:
- If your pet still has baby teeth
- Teeth are dead and causing pain and infection
- If teeth have an abscess or pocket of infection at the root
- Teeth are fractured (example: from chewing something too hard like rocks or hooves)
- Teeth are loose and uncomfortable
For most pets, we recommend dental cleanings every 1-3 years, depending on age, breed, and other circumstances such as diet and individual chemistry in the mouth.
Veterinary Services in Aston, PA